The Nevada City Film Festival Takes On 2017 With VR and Bill Nye
The Nevada City Film festival is an annual event that takes place in (you guessed it) Nevada City, CA. It showcases independent films and shows made by content creators from all over the place! It's an amazing event to attend if you are a lover of unique, low budget film projects. Even if indie films aren't your scene, Nevada City is an amazing place to visit. It's an old town located in the Sierra Nevada Mountains and the restaurants and unique shops alone are worth the journey. This is how the NCFF website describes their mission:
"Every summer, the Nevada City Film Festival (NCFF) makes art into a party, bringing an audience of movie lovers together with emerging and top independent filmmakers to showcase award-winning short and feature length films from around the world."
This year's highlights include:
- 7 Days of Film Festing!
- Special Guest - Bill Nye, the Science Guy, plus directors Jason Sussberg & David Alvarado will screen their documentary on the man himself!
- Virtual Reality & Multi-Media Pavilion
- 100 + Award-Winning Shorts & Feature Length Films
- 35+ Visiting Filmmakers
- Nevada City Film Festival After Dark - More Parties!
- Best of the Fest Outdoor Screening!
Join us for the 17th Annual Nevada City Film Festival, September 8-15, 2017, at the Miners Foundry Cultural Center, Nevada Theatre, The Stone House and Pioneer Park in downtown Nevada City, CA. Get all the information on the Film Fest here.